Tuesday, August 7, 2012

MICHAEL FRANTI!!!!

 A Franti Surprise!!!
Finally Nathan and I successfully kept a secret and surprised the kids with a Michael Franti concert in Reno. It does help that I did not find out about it until that day as well. We packed our bags on Sunday at around 11-it's a good thing we are always busy because the kids didn't suspect a thing when we said- "we are heading to Reno." We arrived in Reno at 2ish checked into Harrah's and headed to the pool! They were having a pool party-dj and all-the kids were completely unaffected by this fact. I found it somewhat humorous since most people were there to booze and dance. The Jager girls liked us and brought us free shots (just Nathan and I :) which was nice despite the fact I had not planned on drinking-oh well. After the pool we cleaned up and went to dinner in the hotel at the Hash House a Go Go-holy huge portions! I will post pictures of the food later when I get them from Nathan's phone. Nathan and I shared a meal and still only ate half of it- fried chicken and bacon waffles-yikes, I did eat more salad than chicken and waffles....I swear.
After that we told the children we should check out the downtown-now mind you our hotel was across the street from the venue (The Knitting Factory) so it was perfect. We strolled around and then when we got to the alley entrance we said "should we check this place out?" Piper was all about it. When in line Nathan handed them the tickets and they still had no idea. Finally Nathan told them to READ the tickets-it was priceless, Piper even teared up, Scout danced. I wish I had filmed it. The show was amazing, the place that we chose to watch from was next to the sound guy and half way through the show Michael Franti came out and stood right in front of us and pulled Scout up to dance with him. I think Scout almost peed himself-he will never forget that moment. ( I will also post photos of the show later when I get them from Nathan)






We had contemplated spending another night but decided on Monday to head home, on our way home we decided to take the long way-through Tahoe. It was beautiful, we had a hard time finding a beach to park even remotely near, that also allowed dogs. We finally found one, so we baked in the sun for a few hours the kids made fast friends and went out on his inflatable boat, and I mean way out. They swam and made a "sail" for their boat. We then headed to South Lake Tahoe ate a quick dinner and headed home to Sac. All in all a nice "weekend." Back to "normal" for awhile.
Tahoe!


Nathan kicking the tongue out of Stache-
kidding it just looks like it.

Piper climbing to jump



Their new BFF Shane



"Sailboat"




We still don't know where we are headed next-Santa Rosa, LA area, San Diego?? I am hoping to get to Newport so I can hang with my girl Kortney!!!! I haven't lived near Kort since-SLC, too long. So cross your fingers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment