Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hmmmm

Well we have been fighting the heat wave one water adventure at a time, and then they closed our pool-what the...
We made a return visit to Raging Waters on Sunday. The last time we went was during the California State Fair and I must say I left feeling pretty good about myself- I had to wonder if the general population of CA had ever seen a mirror or known restraint in the face of food- but Sunday redeemed my image of the average Californian it must have been a Fair thing. I know that sounds snotty-but seriously- I have never seen so much body hair or poorly fit swimwear in all my years- can you say "avert your vision" kids?
On Monday we floated the American River- loved it! If only I could find a way to float and get paid.... The American had a tiny spot-o-rapid, the kids were a little scared but in the end loved it. I loved the rapids too but am glad we were in our rented boat and not the tire tubes we considered taking. If ever you make it to Sac-it's a must do.
Yesterday we ran/rode next to the river, it was fun- the way there- the way back was a little too hot, Scout has the heat rash to prove it.
Today-IKEA-need I say more.
I am getting deep into the homeschool curriculum discovery- and have pretty much decided to go with the Charlotte Mason method, mixed with my own method. There are a lot of great online resources, and  I am tapping the libraries too.
Still no word on where we go from here-looks like we have added Eureka to list though, look out we may be WWOOFing a whole other breed of farm.
All that fun and no pictures- if only there were a photographer in this family....

No comments:

Post a Comment